Friday 18 June 2010

It's a hard life

Dilemma

Had the nice relaxing few hours fishing on the 16th which was good, because I needed my wits about me to think about considerable expenditure needed on my house.
Dealing with the double glazing man!!
We had started to notice that some of the sealed units of our windows were beginning to show signs of water/condensation between the seals.
My options were to get each one repaired as it happened, replace one by one, or a complete job.
I ruled out the repair,because on the face of it, I had no guarantee it would last any length of time, and it looked to be overall just as expensive as a one by one replacement.
Replacement was ruled out,because our windows which are getting on for 14years old are of the type not those preferred by the insurance company's from a security viewpoint.
The modern units are aesthetically different,and  we are not people who can put up with random patterns. Pauline will obsessively, and unconsciously I'm sure at times, straighten pictures in other peoples houses and pubs. So we ruled that out.
So after discussion, and the decision to send Pauline* out to work, we've committed to full replacement.
The job is  being done by that firm who had the bald head on top and  long at the back actor, shouting at you from the tv screen, and  recently Reg from Corry. 
If anybody is interested I will report on their efforts, work starts in mid-July.
The biggest problem we have now, apart from shuffling our remaining retirement pot about, is worrying if we will have enough funds available for long haul holidays, wine, and eating out, before our pension funds start to pay out,
At least we won't have to worry about the windows when we make our final house move.

*couldn't get away with that

Fishing

Trying to sneak out for a few hours on the tidal Trent, but I'm expecting a skip anytime now for the disposal of our old wooden fence, another job.......and more money!!

9 comments:

  1. Drop us a line next time you are away Fred and I will arrange for someone to nip round and pop your back window out. Seeing as you have told the nation how easy it is to rob your house.
    Computer is first thing on the list, I see this as providing a national service :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony,if they haven't noticed it by now, I don't hold much hope.
    Anyway, in this location they wouldn't get very far,too many curtain twitchers, and an early warning system of a peacock!
    Computer's about ready for update,so see what you can arrange.

    Anyway get back to work

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refer you too the Bob Roberts Blog Rosey.
    Glad you're finding it interesting enough to keep looking in.
    If you want the double glazing company's name just ask.

    By the way readers,this individual is the main reason I gave up a little mid-Trent syndicate in the first place. I don't do violence, but this shite would push me close to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell you what Fred, If I had a skin condition like Mike has and you called me "Rosey" you wouldnt have much option.
    You really shouldnt resort to nasty name calling, I told you before if you do you have already lost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. .........and I thought it was drink related.

    Tell you what Tony, if I had a drink problem which he refers to, then perhaps I wouldn't have much option either!
    You really don't get it do you Tony, it's called a response, and as said many times before, I only respond! After all it's not the real world..is it?
    I'm quite happy to sink to the same level as an attacker though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you made my point for me Fred, assuming you dont have any drink issues in the closet. Now if you did then I would say Mike was out of order as I have just said to you.

    I get it fine but dont agree that you only respond these days.
    Its only real world if it affects your life, doesnt mine so not real to me. Some, like Bob, think the words on the net are soooo important though. something to do with self image I believe, usually misplaced.
    Anyway, keep on blogging, all these blogs are much more interesting that owt on the forums these days and I am sure you will get the hang of it eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly don't Tony,so as I said,I'll sink as low as him with my responses.

    Just remember if you hadn't told him what was in my Private Mail to you, giving the reasons for giving up Hazelford,he wouldn't need your support in carrying on this silly game he plays.

    You do have a problem with minding other peoples business, don't you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fred, Your old friends in the HPS asked your reason for leaving. I told the HPS not Mike.
    You never asked that your reasons be kept secret, had you done so they would, but that would have displayed that you didnt have the courage of your convictions would it not?
    What Mike does or doesnt do has nowt to do with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tony that's the difference isn't it, I would have told them, and did some when I met them.
    I did so without any slant which judging by their reactions, when I was last down there they appeared to have got something other than the facts.
    No right to reply was given on the site.

    What he does or doesn't do, may not be anything to do with you,but you do seem to want poke it in at every opportunity, whatever the subject may be.

    ReplyDelete