Sunday 7 August 2011

Getting old

Wye Lea 


Had a pretty fitful night, it was either anticipation of meeting up with some new folk, or the home made rhubarb crumble I had after dinner on top of my 3 pints!!
Anyway got up a 4:30 made myself egg and bacon, and set of just after 5am
Arrived after a 3 hour drive, to find what looked like a silver haired gnome in a dressing gown, pointing a gnarled finger to the way the way down to the fishery. Well it wasn't it was the Trolley Dolly!
I waggled a thumb to my nose, and met Ray Thorpe, who the first to arrive.

Can't tell you much about the fishing, as it could spoil it for the website and chances of a future visit. Apparently the gnome has a very good relationship with the owner.

Save as to say, I didn't catch anything fishing the deeper area. Others did, fishing the shallow pacey stretch of the fishery.
I did get one decent good take and felt a good tug back, but it must have been an eel or a pike as it bit through just above the hook

Had an overnight in a pub with very cheap rooms and a good breakfast, about 15 minutes away from Ross on Wye.
 I drank 4 pints of a well kept Wye Valley Butty Batch( niiiiice) to wash down a chilli.
Followed by  another fitful night.
I think I have to start to be careful what I eat before I go to bed  now!!

So I decided to come home early for fear of falling asleep at the wheel later in the day. Nearly did too, that Red Bull stuff does nothing for me...well apart from repeating ever since.

Time to move west , methinks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment