Saturday 20 November 2010

Job done

Fishing

Job completed for 6 months, hopefully if all goes well with mum, I shall be out on the river as much as possible this coming week.
Probably a visit or two to the tidal Trent, with a new "flavouring" recommended to me by a certain bait company.
If the big river is not on song, then the Idle beckons for some roach fishing.

I had to laugh

Just back from the visit to my mum's.
A big laugh almost as soon as I got through her front door.
I was expecting a number of 'phone calls, so re-directed my 'phone to my mum's. I didn't tell her that I had done that though.
Anyway, she said" Just had a call from somebody at the Bible Society she wants to talk to you, sounds like she needs help"
After 3 hours on the road a quick rush to the loo was needed!

One hospital visit out of the way for mum, a Colonoscopy revealed nothing untoward.
The CAT scan cancelled on Friday, is now on Monday and is the one we need to get the results from.

The Edgar Wallace

That visit to meet my old workmates worked well too, 7 real ales on offer all 4% plus, tried 6 then had to eat. Not a great deal of reminiscing about old times, we see each other too often probably.
At £3.40/£3.45 a pint I really savoured it, especially when it's £2.40 in The White Hart.
Next one in early December with the really old boys, to try the Jugged Hare, Vauxhall Bridge Road, organised by me.
I'm told we went there on my birthday in March, I can't remember it, and I organised that one too. It must have been good!

I had to laugh again!!

I was reminded of Life of Brian sketch following on from a new organisation name, so I thought I would remind you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment