Thursday 22 July 2010

Rising from the ashes

It's all about trust!
Watch this space



Steve Pope's Blog

Another Blog not to be missed and offering guiding services as well, is Steve Pope's.
Have a look. A genuine out and out barbel angler who takes his guiding seriously.
You WILL learn something from him!

http://www.stevepopebarbelfishing.co.uk/  





Playground bullies

When I was at school, as with most of you I'm sure, you came across the playground bully, the big kid with all the smaller boys standing in front of him goading the one kid all on his own.
Well I used to be the kid who stood up to the bully boy, it earned me a few bloody noses, because I wasn't that big myself.
But, the playground bully eventually stopped his bullying, because I was able to give as good as I got.
This internet lark is about the same, except it's the little blokes who sit behind screens , dishing out their bile now, perhaps they were the ones being bullied before?
Anyway, this little Yorkshire one, along with his bigger and fatter than him gang mates,have offered me violence, because I stood up for what I believe, and didn't want to be in his gang.
An olive branch wouldn't have helped I'm sure, perhaps I should carry a pitprop? 
Laugh?
You bet I did!!

..........and that's when the fight started

I got up early this morning, quietly dressed, made my flask, and slipped quietly out..

The wind was a howling 50 mph and it was tipping it down, so I turned on the radio, and heard it would would with us all day.
Back into the house, I quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed and cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered, 'The weather out there is terrible.'
My loving wife of 10 years replied,

'Can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?'


And that's when the fight started....





No comments:

Post a Comment