Saturday 10 July 2010

Some of this and.............

.....and that's when the fight started (two)

I asked my wife, 'where do you want to go for our anniversary?'
It warmed my heart to see her face melt in sweet appreciation.
'Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!' she said.
So I suggested, 'how about the kitchen?'

and that's when the fight started...

Greenfinches
 
I've started to find dead greenfinches around the garden.
We're scrupulous with our cleaning of the feeders because we are aware of a disease they are prone too, which is apparently caused by a parasite from unclean feeders etc.
http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/helpingbirds/health/sickbirds/greenfinches.aspx
I'm pretty certain it's not our feeders because we have a large colony of house sparrows and they seem to be thriving, judging by the way they get through our seeds, and the holes they make in my vegi patch for a dry bath.
I'm not going to feed now,there are plenty of seed heads in the field next door.
 
Crab
 
We picked up a big crab in Nottingham Victoria market yesterday afternoon on the way home. It'll be taken apart later and washed down with a bottle of Chablis. Bloody marvelous ain't it? 12 miles from Grimsby and I have to order crab in advance, in Nottingaham he had a good supply on the counter!
If anybody likes fish, we had lunch in the Loch Fine restaurant,if they are all of the same standard, highly recommended.
 
Day out
 
Off down to Sutton on Trent tomorrow for an open day for non BS members, and non fishery permit holders.
I won't go equipped to fish, I'll just wander the banks chatting to the guests and the regulars .
This part of the tidal Trent is about a mile and a half of bank, totally unaffected by crowds and the lager swillers.

No comments:

Post a Comment