Tuesday 21 September 2010

Fishing

Tidal Trent again

Another stretch today, up stream from the last one but still downstream from Sutton.

Very similar to Sutton,but opposite bank, with tricky rocky flood relief banks, no sheer drops here though.

Arrived late for the full tide as it had been running for about an hour. Never the less it was a smashing day for sun bathing.
Unfortunately the Trent is still very low and clear and appears not tobe condusive to daylight fishing. Night fishing is not permitted.
As I had rushed out and had emptied my bag of, I thought, everything not needed for a bit of a hike. My only bait was pellets,lobworms and spam.

No bites for the first three hours or so, and various bait size changes.
Settled for one rod fishing pellet and one fishing worm.
Had a good take on the worm shortly after recasting it in for the upteenth time, and hooked into a good fish which I had on long enough to scramble down the stony bank after pulling it up off the bottom. Net at the ready, but I lost contact with the fish. Broken hook length!
Once again a failure to check the hooklength for wear on every cast, it does need doing too.
That was that, until the one more cast time arrived. I hooked and landed a good size bream, which I unhooked in the edge without the use of a net.
I like this fishery and its closer to home than Sutton, so another visit is on the cards very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment