Wednesday 4 November 2015

It didn't happen

"November's sky is chill and drear,
November's leaf is red and sear."
-  
Sir Walter Scott



The Dane

My Friday trip to the Dane didn't happen, conditions were not right. River low and clear awaiting the promised rain
Trying again next Monday.
In the meantime thick fog has put me off going down to the Upper Witham to see if the chub had put on weight.
So I had two short trips to fish down in the valley.
Monday evening saw me catch a few of the usual size carp and some small roach, apart from loosing a good fish that fought like a crucian. It was quiet.....bite wise.
Feeling a bit bored  yesterday afternoon and still in fog I went down again, specifically to target the perch and roach.
My first bite was a carp of about 8lb, the fish came in without the usual commotion and run around.
The water must be cold after some heavy rain and slowing them down.The pond is spring fed.
I hope it puts them down completely.

Anyway, the next bite was my best roach from down there.


The best 1lb3ozs

I've always suspected the better roach are in there somewhere, so may well give the autumn and winter a good try and leave the river chubbing until the New Year.
Once again not many bites but at least the carp were a bit quieter.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment