Friday 6 June 2014

As the sun goes down.....


6th June


Another visit down in the valley.
Left home at around 4:30 having decided to give the second lake a try out. I armed myself with worms, bread, prawns and soft hookers.
I also took with me some liquidised vitalin, it's been in the garage for some years unopened, so I gave it  a long whiz in a good few batches and then added some Teme Severn additive, that had also been in the garage for a while unopened.
I had hoped to see what else may be lurking in this biggest and newest of the farmers reservoirs, unfortunately I was troubled only by half a dozen 6/7lb carp to test my Aspindales Aero and the Purist ll.
Having persevered until 10pm, I thought I had better give it up for the day and followed a young hare all the way up the hill to the main road, he ran straight and true along the field side turning off as we got to the hedgerow bordering the road, quite a sight to see,and as always I was hoping he didn't veer across in front of me, as they are prone to do !

Bees nest
I think I've identified the bees that have taken up residence in the nest box formerly occupied by our regular great tit pair.

They appear to be the tree bumblebee (Bombus hypnorum) a very recent incomer to the UK from the continent. They have a habit of taking over nestboxes, and as a result are rapidly expanding their numbers and their range, having now reached southern Scotland. They do get agitated when I knock the box to see if they are still at home and send out a small force to investigate. I keep well back!

Investments update.

As I mentioned I invest in  a few AiM companies, a risky business. I didn't invest anything I couldn't afford to loose though.

cancer research
One of my two cancer research company's (the break even one) has released the following information today.
Scancell Holdingsplc
All indications are that they could be winning the fight...... have a listen.

Oily
My oil company investment is now showing me a return of 288% at today's close of the stock market.
As would be expected, I'm quite chuffed, my  initial investment is building nicely.More news on a second well being drilled, is expected next week

Another freebee!
On reaching the age of 65 I've been given another benefit, this time courtesy of the National Health Service.
"I am inviting you to attend a screening appointment.Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening is being offered free of charge by the NHS to all men in your area during their 65th year"
The appointment was yesterday, so after an ultrasound scan(* during which they discovered I was expecting triplets) I was pronounced well within the boundaries of no risk of a weakening of the main artery and won't ever need to be tested again.
As a firm supporter of the NHS, I'm relieved that there are still sufficient funds available for preventive medicine.

*My excuse for a beer belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment