Thursday 31 January 2013

Really ?



Are you sure ?

Having received the two following comments in quick succession, I thought I would set out how things occurred, and nearly did.
But first of all I would ask these two individuals, if they are still members, or know the former Hon Secretary, have you asked him for his views of the position the Society was in during his short term in office..
Failing that let me know who you are and maybe I'll give you the facts privately and  personally.


Your statement is not really true as your 'coup' comment named several ex committee members and made derogatory remarks about them. To my knowledge none of those named have attacked you Fred and therefore you had no reason to attack them. Furthermore several of those mentioned served the BS for 10yrs+ and actually did an awful lot of hard work for the membership. Perhaps you should have remembered that before publicly slating them! on Confidence broken part 2
Anonymous
on 30/01/13

I have to say, whoever you are, your knowledge is incomplete, at least two of them certainly did. 
One on the BS forum and on a little used blog of his, and another set up an email in my name and wrote to people, but he was soon found out.
I would also ask how do you know, or who told you they did an awful lot of hard work ?

Fred, am I right in saying that all of the people you name who alledgedly tried to de-throne Mr Pope then left the BS Committee shortly after he refused to step aside? Is it just coincidence then that the BS has steadily declined since then in terms of member numbers, loss of fisheries, less magazines, no junior days etc etc.? Perhaps you under estimate the work they did put in! FM onThe Story
Anonymous
on 30/01/13

No allegedly about it. He didn't refuse to step down, he noted  he was still wanted on the committee, the vote showed him that.

 The trouble was that all "the work they did put in" was only showing on the surface, there is evidence that numbers appeared to be in decline since 2002 at the latest, and I can tell you how if you have the common decency to declare your interest. I'm not certain if 2002 has any significance, I'll check that out though.
I can tell you at the very least, without going into detail here, that there were serious member management problems when I joined the committee in 2008.
So an awful lot of "hard work" wasn't as effective as we were all lead to believe!
Today with the current committee, there are no problems with management, just problems to overcome with the individual members and potential new members priorities with their finances.


Up date

2002 the year the Society started up it's own Forum....... now I wonder?


5 comments:

  1. If you won't tell me who you are, I won't answer the questions.
    Take it or leave it, if you have questions, put your name to them and all will become clear to you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you put up all posts eh except for those that have "more swear words in three lines etc etc" simply not true is it Fred?
    People in glass houses should not throw stones!
    Should have been more careful on what you said Mr. Loudmouth! Haha! The day of reckoning is approaching fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm not going to put on abusive comments, if the anonymous abusers seem to be too scared to put their money where their mouth is, so to speak.

    The fact is that at the time of the start of drastic reductions coincides with some members of the committee starting to treat the Barbel Society as their old boys network, dancing around a fishery drunk and stark naked, almost loosing the fishery.Fishing into the night on a no night fishing venue and telling the baliff, it's alright we're committee. Organising fish-ins in the name of the Barbel Society, but then having the cheek to tell members it was sold out, before the members had been made aware.
    I could go on!
    Idle threats by the way are nothing more than what I've endured for the last few years, they are just that, anonymous idle meaningless and cowardly threats.
    So come on what are you afraid of, man up! I have nothing to hide and I certainly don't possess a glass house

    Or, could it be I know a secret about Northamptonshire man too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF ANY DOUBT, DESPITE WHAT ELIOT MAY HINT AT.

    I HAVE NEVER TAKEN ANYTHING FOR MY OWN BENEFIT FROM ADVERTISERS TO PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCTS WITHIN BARBEL FISHER, OR ANYTHING THAT MAY HAVE COME MY WAY AS A RESULT OF MY POSITION WITHIN THE BARBEL SOCIETY.
    SO EVEN IF I HAD A GLASSHOUSE MY WINDOWS WOULD BE SAFE FROM ANY BRICKBATS THAT HEAD IN MY DIRECTION.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark Fox.
    I don't have to put anything on my blog,especially anonymous or abuse and if you think the blogs shite the simple thing is don't read it,or do your own.

    As I said earlier this blog is a knock at those who think the BS was run well,and keep harping on about it and how the numbers have dropped since the good old days.
    It was my job to order the BF as well as edit it and so there is no reason to doubt how many members there actually were.

    As I said, it turned into an old boys club at the expense of the membership who cottoned on and left in good numbers from about 2002 how else did I take so many amgazines from your garage?
    I'll put your response on if you leave out the abuse,I didn't abuse you. I can't edit Comment!

    ReplyDelete