Friday 2 November 2012

Peace!

A bit of time

Having had quite a busy last few days with my sister in law and my great niece over from Australia, showing them, particularly my niece, what they are missing with our pubs and fish and chips and of course a little snow last Friday, I felt the need for a few hours to myself down in the valley.
There was an ulterior motive too, in that I'm planning my very first zander trip soon, to the Trent, and thought I would pick up some small rudd/roach to be used as deadbait.

No dead maggots in the freezer, so I thought I would have a dabble with flake. It was soon apparent that for the moment at least the small fish aren't having it on flake and plastics!
My first bite and fish was this carp at 10lb4ozs, which lead me a merry dance for a while on my float gear.
A couple more smaller carp followed, a few roach and a gudgeon,all of which I put back. 
The roach  bigger than I wanted, and I felt sorry for the gudgeon



The last sunshine


















With darkness coming in quick and a cold wind blowing straight towards me I decided to call it a day and go back in the week with some maggots.


Freezer stocked

Yesterday we received the lamb I put our name to a few months ago when they were put in our next door field.
Having had first choice we picked one of the twins so it was the smallest of the group with a butchered weight of 16 kilos, less t'ead.
 She, only cost us £110, so very good value in my view at just over £3 a pound, plenty of dinners in her.
We will start the tasting tomorrow with a kidney each with our sausage egg and bacon in the morning, and a half shoulder roast for Sunday.
I put our name down for another next year!


      CHRISTMAS IDEAS     

CRAFTERS BARN   

No comments:

Post a Comment