Saturday 29 September 2012

This and that



October

A few things organised this next month including our 39th wedding anniversary and The Boss's birthday.
We are going to be spending a bit of money, we had no need for Barbel Society linked freebees that one individual keeps spreading around to anybody who may listen, being independently quite well off and not needing to be driving a bus for a living!

Awaiting my permit for a certain bit of the Severn and all my reels cleaned up and re-armed for a few days on the Trent, and a day on a private bit  of the Thames and that's just in the first 10 days!
I would have loved to have had a pop at the Upper Witham, Idle and the Bain after this rain, but my timing is out just a bit, unless we have a bit more of the wet stuff.

I'll tell you about what we have done and the fishing when I next blog.

Jools Holland Show

Watched Jools Holland last night for the first time in ages, what a show. 
Whilst looking quite elderly,and Brian Wilson looking like he was somewhere else, the Beach Boys put on quite a show, they still have it! I wish I had got the tickets I promised myself for one of their concerts, ah well.
Having briefly seen Muse on the Olympics closing ceremony, I was quite impressed with the music and style of their three numbers. I'll need to check them out a bit..  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00z4dyt
 Time I listened a bit more to current music, rather than the Radio Two play list.
It also seemed that the warning at the start of the show by the continuity announcer about strong swearing  was a just in case. Mr Lydon was at his best, although not being a fan of him or his music, I have to say I grown to like him over the last few years. His acknowledgement to British Butter for putting him the position to create the latest Public Image Ltd offering was hilarious. I don't think he swore once!.
Xx did nothing for me, and I would have liked to have heard more of Natalie Duncan, so I'll check her out.


RIP

Andy Williams, Herbert Lom, and John Bond.  

Andy WilliamsHerbert Lom




Ol'Jim

You may recall I've mentioned our neighbour Jim before, he's the one we looked after when he broke his leg after being chased around the garden by wasps, and more recently his snapped Achilles tendon, well we dragged him out to the White Hart at lunchtime for his first outing, apart from hospital visits, for the last 8 weeks or so.
4 pints later, after checking the usual row of 4 brews, led by Wentworth's 5.5 South Island Pale Ale,
Cottage Brewery's Winston Churchill 4.2,   Idle Brewery's Golden Crown 3.8,   and finally the Coastal Brewery's Seaside Special at 3.8, we assisted Jim back home.
I have to say I could have stayed on the Wentworth as it was so good, but thought better of it and just had one of each!
Unusually the pub had quite a crowd in for a Saturday lunchtime, so the chance trip turned out to be good fun, that may have been the alcohol, but a few more tales told of the local goings on, both old and new, helped us on our way along the row of beers on offer!
The local gossip is that the other ex pub/restaurant, the Black Horse is to be a Tesco Express....I don't think so!


1 comment:

  1. "We are going to be spending a bit of money......being independently quite well off and not needing to be driving a bus for a living!"

    Classy Fred, good to see that you are maintaining your dignity.

    JW

    ReplyDelete