Wednesday 1 August 2012

Oh bugger!!

And again


Ventured down to my lake for about 3 hours, and fished a different swim.
Thought I would try little pieces of bread flake, even though there are farsands of little rudd, the idea to get it down to the bottom as quickly as possible.
The first 3 bites were good fish, but each one ended with a hook pull, my Shimano 14 foot match rod may need to be beefed up too. Anyway, I upped the hook and bait size and immediately landed a carp of nine and a half pounds. (9:9 on the scales)
It had brilliant golden fins and tail, and this is where the oh bugger comes in, my camera wasn't in the bag, and it wasn't in the car. Then I remembered it's in the office batteries recharged and forgotten!!
Still no problem, I fished on, switching from flake to hookers, I think they're Sonubaits Lion something or other. I bought them at the weekend for the Aces v's Chavs match. No, I remember(quick Google check) Tiger Fish, don't ask me what they have in them but they work fine.Main Page image
Some cracking fish all about the six pound mark, mostly natural commons and a couple of mirrors.
Will somebody remind me to take the camera when I'm next down ...please!
Oh yes one bream about 3lb.
Driving back through the wooded valley road, I tagged so many hares. I've never seen so many in such close proximity, they just kept running in front ,stopping looking back, running again, then darting off into the fields.
Now, this lake is a good way downhill and as I came over the rise I saw tonights moon, straight in front of me. I thought Christ what is that? And almost immediately knew exactly what it was, classic full silver moon beaming down on me. It made me feel good to be out.
 I'll see if I get much sleep tonight, I've been waking up at about 4am for the last few days, instead of a fitfull couple or three hours, I may well get up and wander down to my valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment