Saturday 28 July 2012

Fishing and stuff


Return to the valley

the lake


I have received approval to fish my lake in the valley. I’ll report on my experiences soon.


Aces V's Chavs


I set out at just before 5am this morning for a "match" amongst a few friends from  "The Anglers Arms".
22 of us descended on  Woodlands View near Droitwich and fished on Arles Pool.
Great company on the second of  a now annual Fish-Ins where the old guys take on the youth. The Aces v's The Chavs.
Old guys means anybody over 50 and youth seems to be any over 40!! Although the age break alters to ensure even numbers on each team
So people like Graham Marsden, Eddie Bibby and Stu Dexter, were in attendance as well as Steve Spiller and Andy Nellist.
All in all a great day,in excellent company all of whom have no side to them.
A bit hot, but plenty of fish caught including just one barbel. I was going to have my photo taken with the barbel just to wind up the humourless few who watch and nit pick! But thought nah, why give them something else to make up a story about!

Old Jim


My next door neighbour  Jim(coming up to 80) called me yesterday and ask if I would take him to A&E. Jim is the old boy we looked after for about 12 weeks a couple of years ago when he disturbed a wasps nest and got chased around the garden and ended up with a broken leg, just below the knee.
Well on one of his regular visits to out patients for other ailments , he slipped off a kerb in the car park of the hospital. limped about with it for a few days and then slipped off it again getting out of the car in his drive.
The result a torn Achilles tendon, so his foot, on the other leg, is in a pot for 6 weeks (at least).
We started last night with a couple of bottles of wine and he shared our paella. Oh, well here we go again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment