Friday 11 January 2013

Oh dear!

Silly games
I suppose I should have thought about it, but when you are doing somebody  a favour and try to sell their fishing gear, in this case an old friend who can no longer fish because of severe arthritis in his hands, you don't really think about the tossers of this world who would put a spoiler in.
I gave my eBay details on this Blog in the hope of increasing the interest in his stuff.
Anyway, an item of tackle put on eBay gets a number of bids  and finally an offer from  a first timer with zero feedback.
He wins and I send the Paypal invoice and get no response. The address is in Doncaster, Yorkshire(doubt mounting) which turns out to be a cancer charity office, and also a fake mobile telephone number, tells me it's that little man, or one of his sycophants  playing childish games.
I did have 100% positive feedback, but now have a negative on it.
No real hassle to me, because I sold the item to the second bidder for the same money anyway but what a low down piece of work this individual is, and one or two of you wonder why I sometimes bring these people to your attention on this blog, which gets read  2000 times a month.
Now you know why, the more who know their little games the better, they will get their comeuppance.
No doubt when eBay have done their work I'll get the negative removed, who knows I may even get an IP address to publicise!
We shall see.

Fishing
Had another afternoon on the upper Witham on Wednesday, there was still a bit of colour in the water, but unlike my earlier trip last week I couldn't buy a bite, met Bay Leaf and had a chat about the prospects of this little river. There may be a surprise barbel or two, chub up and around the 6lb mark and some decent roach.
I'll stick with the chub for the moment, or until March 14th anyway.

Fishery update
You may recall I mentioned in an earlier blog that I was somewhat disturbed that a large angling club had been outbid by a ten man syndicate run by a man who's name I now have.
They couldn't possibly manage the location, and  I now learn the individual is somewhat low on funds.
Shades of insider dealing were at the forefront of my mind, when I found out who the "landlord" was and particularly without me mentioning the fishery, a certain little Yorkshireman made comment on here.

Things are progressing.

A positive note
My cousin Joyce has been moved from the ICU to a ward, she hasn't yet regained full consciousness, but there are signs of coming out of the coma and giving reactions to stimuli.


AiM Shares update
So far so good, my two for one offer holding came in today, on paper giving me a good 4 figure profit.
My cancer research company hasn't yet issued the good news about a deal that should should have come to fruition at the end of 2012. They are positive that once the I's and T's have been crossed a very good deal is on for shareholders.As it stands, on paper I have 50% growth in value.
My other 3 shares are ticking over.


No comments:

Post a Comment