Tuesday 23 December 2014

Just a short one!

Two hour session

It's been one of those days when I promised so much, but spent the morning checking out my investments in AiM as the Stock Exchange runs down for the short Christmas break. A sort of shall I do a bit more, have a juggle or consolidate my interests.
As it turned out I didn't do a great deal, although was sorely tempted to go all in on my oily (Lenigas) holdings which have seen this year turn a fledgeling company with a market capital of £18m to a company with a market capital probably close to £120m!!
Big news due any day now on the latest soon to be completed wells.....it's gushing! It won't make me a millionaire but I shall do alright out of it.
I waited for any update news, but decided at about one o'clock that things should be left as they are.
As it turned out, no news and no change to the share price.

I thought I'll go down into the valley for perhaps the last time this year and see if I can get a big perch.
And so I did, arriving at around two. It really is wet down there, so wet that the farmer is pumping out the pond into the adjacent stream, and the pump is blocking the access way to the second lake.
By the looks of it, his overflow system just isn't coping with the excess spring water running in.
On arrival as I parked, I put up a buzzard and a heron from the pond side, they both flew out of sight around the bottom end of the pond, the buzzard giving it's mewing call from over my shoulder  time to time in the small wood behind throughout my two hour session.
As it turned out the big perch were elusive, fishing worm only, the rudd and the smaller perch were interested and one carp that sort of gave a half hearted fight, quite unlike the summer madhouse run around they usually give. It was easily subdued and netted.





Maybe I will go down again before I start concentrating on the chub in the Upper Witham in the New Year, being an hour away down the A1, it'll depend on winter road conditions, I think.

Tomorrow we're off to Louth to pick up our goose, for the second year it's just the two of us for Christmas day.
This year, for the first time since coming up here though, we will probably go to the local for a pint or two before dinner. It may depend if we get too stuck into the fizzy stuff  and orange juice for breakfast with our smoked salmon though. We've got ourselves some English sparkling this year, half a dozen bottles from Ridgeview,  Ditchling, East Sussex.

So, thanks to all who have put up with my writings this year.
I'll take this opportunity to wish you all a great Christmas and a happy, healthy 2015.

 andImage result for tight lines logo




And finally
Rest in peace Joe Cocker

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete