Tuesday 11 June 2013

The Barbel Show 2013

I missed the Show for the first time in many years, other things got in the way.

I hear though from all the reports,including a 'phone call from Ron Clay, that it was one of the best.
It's all over Facebook!

Presentations by Des Taylor, had the crowd rocking in their seats.
Dave Harrell's presentation went down very well too.

Bob Robert's and Stuart Walkers new dvd Caught in the Act was a sensation, I've not got my copy yet, but lots of very good reports saying it has topped Day's and Ways in quality and content.Photo: Back from the Barbel Society show, showered and ready for a beer. What a fabulous day out and a great crowd. Met so many friends both old and new. Big Des was in cracking form and had me chuckling all day. The Society should feel rightly proud of this event. Thanks to everyone who bought DVDs. We were pleasantly surprised with the demand. Don't think I've ever appeared at a show with a better set of speakers. Full credit to all involved in the organisation. And bearing in mind I was reported to the police after suggesting barbel anglers don't feed enough bait, what will the knockers make of Fisky's latest jumbo feeder?  Oh, I forgot. They don't attend Society events, do they? So they won't know if we don't tell them. I thought it was a friendly crowd! ;-)



The annual Gordon Scott Award was given to Phil Smith for services to the Society and the promotion of the barbel in general.
Click the image to open in full size.



You guys should give it a go and join, if you weren't there this year, go next year to see what the Barbel Society is really all about..
The Society might have had its problems in the past. Those problems left the building a long time ago. Anyone who was there yesterday couldn't help but see that. It's clear to me that those who've spent the past 7 years or so knocking the Society were actually the problem!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fred, You missed a great day mate lots of people there and great speakers, Des Taylor was fantastic really made me laugh. It was great to see Dave Mason there what a lovely man.Hope your keeping well.

    Regards Ray Thorpe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine thanks Ray, I'll try to get down and see you sometime, perhaps we can go and fish the Wye again ;o)

    ReplyDelete