Friday 19 October 2012

Loadsa!

Octavia part two
 I said I would be spending money!
Took the car back in yesterday, after replacing the nearly failed tyre for £69, for the full service, and to check out the parking brake problem highlighted in the MOT.
Picked it up today, after it was explained to me that the adjusters on the brakes couldn't be adjusted further and there was a need to replace the drums and the shoes. £300.00 including the service !!!
So adding on the original bill, the motor has cost me a total of a tad over £820 to make it last a little longer. £16 a week is not bad I suppose!!
The next likely expense could be the turbo and associated on costs, if it fails on me, it's had a whistle for  good while!
I was going to keep her going, having done less than 150,000 miles, but think I may be best served to have a change before next October, so I think I'll start an active search for her replacement now.

So I paid nearly £170 of vat out of that, on top of the usual road tax, fuel tax, and insurance tax, and had no choice about it to keep my car on the road because we don't have public transport in our village!
BUT, this lot can "avoid"  it, so it makes you wonder if it's worth backing the black economy, don't it!
Never mind, fishing tomorrow, and Jim's 80th birthday dinner to celebrate in the evening.

Photo: Starbucks vans with sliding doors are a bad idea.


Tackle Tart
I wonder who he is?
Worth a watch, or a feed or two on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment