Tuesday 10 January 2012

A chapter closes

The end


It would have been Mum's 89th birthday today, so I shall be raising a glass or two during the day.

It also brings the end to 59 years of the Boney family home in Harold Hill.
Last night I handed the keys over to Havering Council and said goodbye to the house that had seen very many happy times for my 3 brothers,a sister and myself, some of which I have written about in this blog.

For this, one of the most disrupted years of my life, time wise that is, and which  gave me a chance to enjoy my Mum's company far more than I would have done being a 3 hour drive away, I'm pleased to say it's ended.

Time now to move on.

Loads of things for Pauline and myself to do, particularly our world travel exploits, just booked a European river cruise to start it off.
 I certainly need to get out on the banks a lot more too, so we shall see what the year brings.

Only Santander to sort out first tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment