Wednesday 6 October 2010

Survived

Parties
 Reporting in after  celebrating a 90th and 70th birthday party in Pulborough and Petersfield respectively.Both a bit out of the way,but equaly as good in their different ways.
The 90th was my mums eldest sister Maggie,different in outlook to my mum in all respects. She has always been outward going and lively,she didn't get off the dance floor for the whole time the party was going.
Save that is, for a break for pie and mash with liquor and spotted dick and custard to follow!
The 70th was for my mate Dave,whom I've known since 1968,he was a member of The International Drinking Society,mentioned in a previous Blog entry.
We got down to Petersfield for a lunchtime session in the Square Brewery, we drank many a pint of Red Fox,but for the life of me i can't remember who brewed it. Probably Gales, I think.
After a short break back at our hotel,we started again with a later arrival of friends and family, his birthday was on the 4th(Monday),so only a few of us could do the lunchtime warm up.
Needless to say the aftereffects of the day were only a single dose of Alka Seltser for me,I blame it on the Guiness and wine mix in the evening.
We stayed the night and headed off to Portsmouth,for  a relaxing day and overnight to catch the ferry to Cherbourg this morning.
Today is Paulines birthday and our 37th wedding anniversary,so dinner in a few hours in St Malo.

No comments:

Post a Comment