Thursday 2 December 2010

All's well

New Unique Visitors: Yesterday: 72.   30 day average: 37:
Record: 72 on December 1, 2010

Mum


Thanks for asking, my mum is still awaiting the results of her CAT scan last week(Monday).
I think no news is possibly good news in respect of the spread.


Today

Still snowing this morning in fact it's blizzard conditions.Out of the drifts one foot deep.
Just tried to use my B&Q card to clear the car windscreen, didn't do much good though..I only got 10% off!!

My Guardian has arrived

Yesterday I was in Doncaster today York it must be something to do with wind direction. ;O)

Fishing

Not much chance of doing any of that, so I thought of a couple of points I've made elsewhere in respect of peoples style of explaining river fishing tips.
Some people took great delight of challenging these when it suited them, to twist what I had stated.
What some of these individuals seem to forget is that certain methods, don't in all cases apply.
So anybody giving advice should think of the circumstances of use, by say a novice angler, some of those will be taken as the correct way to fish in all situations.


Bivying up

My view is that if you are going river fishing, remember you are fishing not camping, so don't leave your rods fishing the river whilst you are tucked inside the sleeping bag...asleep.
Notice I said fishing a river, where at the very least you could lose your rod(s), let alone snagging a fish, which has the time it takes you to rise from your slumbers, to find shelter.

Snag Fishing

A suggestion from me during an exchange of posts about fishing snag swims in a small river, was to not securely clip your weight/feeder to the swivel link, keep it unsecured. Other methods were suggested by others .
Not doing so should produce a weak point that could open up the link under pressure, effectively ditching the weight.
This lead to accusations of suggesting the casting 4 ounce leads across a river, and causing damage to the guy fishing opposite!

Piling it in

This is simple really, if you are suggesting filling a swim with "ground bait", consider that what may apply to rivers such as the Trent or Severn should not apply to smaller rivers.

Just think before giving fishing tips of the potential consequences.

3 comments:

  1. Challenging
    Lose
    Really

    Quote
    "A suggestion from me during an exchange of posts about fishing snag swims in a small river, was to not securely clip your weight/feeder to the swivel link, keep it unsecured."

    Are you going crackers??

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you are not listed as one of Steve Popes friends on his blog then.....................After losing all yours partly because of him

    Now a spokesperson who has been banned from most sites.

    Start the car, fame is over

    Cardinal

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have knowhere to go, so they come to see me. The pratts don't see that I will show them up for the fools they are.

    Hey "Pete",thanks for the editing hint,saved me running the spell check over it. Not that I do anyway,especially after seeing the standard of writing of some of my fan club. As for going crackers...you'll need to explain that if you have a view, otherwise it's just a word. "Cardinal" I must congratulate you on your reading choices. Steve Pope,me,I bet you read Bob's Blog too? As for not being listed, that would put me on twice, and nobody shows a friend with two names....do they? Well One Cane may I suppose. Now as for fame,I seem to be gathering fame daily,anyway the car is snowed in, so fame being over will have to wait a while. So "Pete" and the "Cardinal",have fun posting using two names. I've said before,some barbel anglers having more faces than Big Ben. Trouble is all your faces show,you'll have to do better than that to hide ;o)

    ReplyDelete