Tuesday 28 June 2016

Don't talk to me!

An evening spoiled

I rushed out at 4:30 pm last night to get some fishing in, and headed down into the valley.
In my rush I forgot my worms, fortunately I had a pot of Mistral paste and my plastics in the bag, and a bucket of hemp..
Having set myself up, I suddenly remembered that the England v Iceland game was on a 8 pm. 
So I decided that I see how it went, fishing wise, in the three hours before kick off.
I set myself up on Goose lake, I'll call it that from now on, because there are hoards of canada and greylag's at the far end.

Tonight was to be a carp night, with them coming from the off.
They were all about the same size, and gave me quite a tussle on the light tackle.



At 7:30, I decided that I'd had enough and packed for the short drive home and the football match. 
All I'm saying about that is, I wished I had stayed fishing!

Meanwhile back at home, in the garden
The hedges are getting in a bit of a mess and need a good trim, but every time I go to have a hack I find that another bird has decided to nest. 
We have three linnet nests in various stages of development. Our regular wren has now encouraged a mate to his nest, and we have eggs . Dunnock's are nesting again, as are the robin.
On top of that out two resident blackbirds have nested again and I haven't, yet, found another song thrush in residence, but they are about.
The garden generally is full of young sparrow (and our nestbox family fledged last week), blackbirds and wood pigeon.
Never mind at least I can cut the grass, when it's not raining!


No comments:

Post a Comment