Sunday 31 May 2015

Bird thoughts

This years brood

         I lived first in a little house,
           And lived there very well;
         I thought the world was small and round,
           And made of pale blue shell.

         I lived next in a little nest,
           Nor needed any other;
         I thought the world was made of straw,
           And brooded by my mother.

         One day I fluttered from the nest
           To see what I could find.
         I said, “The world is made of leaves;
           I have been very blind.”

         At length I flew beyond the tree,
           Quite fit for grown-up labours.
         I don’t know how the world is  made,
           And neither do my neighbours!



All these youngsters are from nests in the garden.
Today I have witnessed a wren and goldfinch starting to nest build in the new hedge.





Down in the Valley Lake 2
Just a few of the "accumulators" mentioned in my last blog!!

I scared this lot off the bank on Wednesday evening on my way to a late session. 

Once again it was quiet fishing wise, with only the carp showing and a couple of small roach.
 I think I'll move on to the third lake next week, and come back to lake 2 when the warmer mornings set in, and the crack of sparra's fart allows me down and back in time for breakfast..






No comments:

Post a Comment