Saturday 25 April 2015

The local

Roach

Two more three hour evening sessions down on the lake with the full intention of finding how big the roach go.
The wind, what there as of it on my first evening, was blowing in my left ear, unlike last night down my neck, this indicated it was somewhere from the South East. Last night it was blowing quite a bit, straight into my face so a Westerly!
The biggest problem is finding a bait that doesn't appeal to the carp that frequent lake.
So after a bit of fiddling with all the baits available to me from the home stockpile, I've worked out that hemp is still a great attractor, including carp, and that bits of worm work better than whole lobworms...so far.
Both days were predominantly roach, using the laying on method with just enough weight four inches from the hook to show a pick up.
Last night was better, as I concentrated on the piece of lobworm. But, I still got bugged by the carp,including one that snapped me up!!
The fish below was the best of the bunch, so I hope there are some bigger parents to be found

Must clean my lens of eel slime!
The bird song I couldn't identify sounds like a pied flycatcher, but I'll record it next time to double check.I may have been influenced by the view of what may have been a spotted flycatcher, it's not that sound though.
Heard my first chiffchaff of the spring .
Still no swallow's down there, although one single bird flew over the house yesterday!

 I'll take some books with me to Suffolk, in the hope I can gain a bit more knowledge of where the bigger fish, if any, may hang out.

White Hart Ludford.

White Hart, Ludford
The village pub once again has won the Louth District Overall pub of the year award and is on the CAMRA top 200 local pubs list.
It is now being checked out for the Regional pub of the year with secret CAMRA visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment