Tuesday 17 June 2014

The glorious 16th!


The valley revisited
The crack of dawn didn't quite work out!
I awoke at 3:15am and fell back to sleep until 7am, so decided a dusk session would suffice
disturbed a few on arrival
.
I was really hoping I can get some idea of the lake two content, but I'm afraid the carp are probably too numerous.
Baiting up with hemp in the hope of attracting roach, failed.
In my younger days fishing some pits in South Ockendon I would fish for roach with hemp and do very well, hooking the occasional carp and being given the run around was quite thrill, and to some degree looked forward to.
Now? Well they are a bloody nuisance!
I had just got myself a few small roach and was hoping for better fish as the evening progressed, even a couple of nice crucian showed up and gave me hope.
BUT, it wasn't to be, I was then snapped by something motoring off across the pond, and on re-tackling landed the first of a dozen carp.
So I gave up, I don't know whose idea it was to fill every single piece of water with carp, so I suppose I'll just have to find a way of not attracting them, and just putting up with the occasional one!


the first crucian

the first about 9lb

the last

I'll give lake two another go tonight, without the feed, just to see what else is lurking about. 
Or, if the mood takes me I'll try to get on lake 3, the small triangle shaped water, as I've not really tested that yet. 
The only think putting me off is that the track leading to it is still very wet. As I turned up George was towing a fly fisherman off the track a bit further up, so we shall see.




No comments:

Post a Comment