Wednesday 16 April 2014

That's it for now

Monday

I ventured back to pond one, aiming to get myself a crucian carp, to see if they had got any bigger.
My aim entailed ground up fish meal pellets and mixed it with liquidised bread for feed, some more worms and hooker pellets.
There was a cold North Easterley blowing down the pond and I hadn't prepared for that, it was freezing, especially around my lower back.
I soldiered on and soon had the rudd and roach taking the small red worms before the first carp of the early evening turned up.




This was followed by my first crucian of the year, so my hopes were high that I had made the attracter right.
It was not to be, even with the soft hookers, some roach and more carp and a lone chub, no more crucian showed.





Tuesday

The wind had turned this evening to an equally cold Easterly, this time the thermals came in useful.
Unfortunately, my aim to attract roach with some hempseed failed, it was comparatively speaking, a very slow early evening session.
A few roach and the occasional rudd, not of any size, the one carp and close to home time a small eel.
I had bought an old packet of prawns from the freezer, they had turned to a mush so formed some loose feed, which whiffed a bit, and probably bought the eel in!



Heading back after the line snapped at the hook.

So, my early spring sessions come to an end for a while down in the valley.
Roach, rudd, carp, chub, crucian an eel and a very good 3lb perch to show for my expeditions.
I'm convinced there must be bigger roach and perhaps perch, so I'll be back to test the water of the three ponds in a few weeks time.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete