Friday 20 December 2013

Not long to go

Afternoon trip Thursday

Had another couple of hours down the Trent.
Rising slowly throughout my stay, loads of debris of the willow branch kind washing down stream.
There were some heavy squalls last night, so no doubt the trees took a pounding and cracked!!
A few disturbances didn't help with my concentration and the hopes of catching, so I left at about 3:30 fishless....again.
the kingfisher tree downstream
upstream














The swim I was in is very close to where the kingfishers nest and they were up and down all afternoon into the tree just down from where I set myself up.
In my tree, a host of longtail tits paid regular visits, and the biggest flock of rooks I've ever seen,were over what looked like Bleasby village on the opposite bank.






Christopher present for me!

Chris Yates new book The Lost Diary arrived on Tuesday, I've not started on it yet, but I'm quite looking forward to setting aside a few hours over the next day or so to immerse myself into his world...if only for another brief glimpse.




At the Barbel Society Research and Conservation auction I purchased a Chris Turnbull print, this turned up yesterday whilst I was out, and has now been framed and is in pride of place on my "study" wall.




The three rods I acquired at the same time will probably appear in the New Year, unless I'm lucky. 
So, for my trotting, to replace my old Shimano Hyperloop, I now have a "used once" Drennan Classic IM9 13′ 
To replace perhaps two or three of my existing"barbel"rods I will renew my acquaintance with the Fox Kevlar barbel Multi tip rod 1.25/1.75, and a surprise rod, as the second of the kevlar's to make a tackle tart pair,was listed incorrectly, and is replaced with a brand new Fox FX twin tip. This rod will get further consideration when I see how it compares to those I have already, or receive.

Lush!

We've just decanted and tasted our attempt at home-made plum vodka........corr!!!!
Vodka soaked plum crumble tomorrow.



Happy Christmas and a happy healthy and fish full 2014 to all my readers.

1 comment: