Tuesday 12 November 2013

Stalking

Upper Witham
I had a 4 hour afternoon session today. Walking the stretch from close to the top end down to about half way.
The river looked good and it was a bright afternoon, turning colder on the breeze later.
Our first frost last night before rain moved in, feels like another one tonight.
The chub weren't having it at all today, just a few few nudges that may well have been leaves!
My stilton was just too soft to use on it's own so I had to make up some paste on the spot with the small homemade loaf I had taken along for flake.
I



 I finished off the last hour or so with bread flake fished straight through,with a quarter ounce lead down the inside of a deep bend for the roach, I had a good few to keep me happy, they were all about the same size, just about fitting in my hand.



Avon Roach Project 
In excess of £7000 was raised at the annual weekend Auction and Avon Fish-In at the end of October.
Congratulations

Tesco job!
After spending untold amounts on my Tesco Bank credit card this year, most of it on holidays, I have stashed £130 of vouchers.
 The good people at Tesco have just allowed me to double them up, so I now have £260 to spend on their Finest wines, Christmas is looking up already.
Goose this year, and we may well be on our own and at home for the first time for some years.

No comments:

Post a Comment