Saturday 6 July 2013

Needed to get out

Down in the valley...again
What a cracking day today, had Pimms on the patio awith some pork ribs in a bbq sauce prepared by yours truly. It's promising to be a good few days,so maybe the bbq will come out this year.
Anyway, a bit later on I decided that I didn't particularly want to watch the tennis and shout at Andy Murray, so decided to pop down to the pond for a session from about 6pm until dark.

Took my cane again and the Young's Heritage, along with some CC Moore feeder pellets, some sliced bread,sweetcorn, some of the prawns from the freezer and the CC Moore paste I used on the Wye.

I had cleaned my bag out, and had forgotten  to put the split shot back in the pockets, but I rummaged around in my my float box and found just enough shot to set up the porcupine quill on my 4lb Maxima, straight through to a micro barbed size 12.

It was my intention to give  the farmers reservoir a try this time, but there were a couple of guys already on it, so I decided to go back to the first pond...I wanted to be alone!

A slow start on bread, with a couple of small rudd and roach, so I switched to sweetcorn and decided to fill my landing net with the fish caught. Had a bit of fun with that pulling out mainly roach with the occasional rudd all on sweetcorn.


Had a switch to the paste, prawn and flake and added a few carp, a perch and a tench.
The tench I can say I've now caught 3 times, it's got a deformed mouth so easily recognised, and I would guess it's only a pound in weight, and on the basis I've caught is so often, it's probably the only tench in there!
The carp were all probably in the 6lb to 8lb bracket.


check weight!

All in all an enjoyable 4 hours, the cane can handles these little fish with ease and a tail hooked carp gave it a test, but no real stress put on it.
Next time a visit to the reservoir perhaps and the bit bigger carp.
Home at just after 10pm, in time to share a bottle of white, and to hear that Murray is in the final.

No comments:

Post a Comment