Wednesday 5 June 2013

The garden life

Garden birdlife


Our great tits had left the box on the 24th May last year, this year's brood are still here, but not for long, the adults are very close to the nest box, and are not off on their distant flights for food.
It looks like this years brood are being fattened up with mayfly hatching off our pond.
The orfe and rudd ain't doing to badly either!
My guess is I shall miss their off, as I'm on my way down to London early am tomorrow and back Friday late am..


dad

mum
I usually only see them in the winter but, we've had a pair of siskin on the feeders this year, but generally apart from loads of young sparrow, one brood of which has touches of white in their plumage and one of which caused me to have a second glance of identification, we've only seen a single young backbird and one song thrush youngster in the garden.

needed a second look!!
sparra!















passing overhead

No comments:

Post a Comment