Sunday 17 February 2013

Food for thought!



I've just finished reading Terry Lampard's book First Cast published in 2005.A very good read it is too.
This is from his final chapter, and is the closing paragraph.

Last Cast
Whatever course my future angling takes, I shall endeavour to spend as many of the next forty years as I am allocated in the same irresponsible manner as the last.

Something that I've given thought to over many years of loosing close friends before their time.
I'm certainly of a view we must all take each day as it comes, nobody knows what tomorrow may bring, we may not even have forty days!.

Rest in Peace Terry Lampard 



Kenya: A pictorial view(March 2001)

So in thinking about what Terry wrote made me look back at things we've done and seen, and this was one of the first of our major life changing Experiences
This is just a few of our photo's and yes, you can get that close! I may write about this Experience but I'm sorting my Galapagos photo's from October 2000 at the moment.











Tree Tops


Thompson falls

The rift valley














2 comments:

  1. Cracking photo's Fred, something I would love to do but I reckon I'll be missing out, more likely to be back at Disneyland now than the real thing!

    If ever there was a wake up call to anglers, the very sad and untimely passing of Terry Lampard is it.

    We can't put things off anymore, life is for living and that means every single day.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve, I have loads some are pre digital which means a bit of work!
    I know we've spoken about it before, but you really must give a safari a go. I'm lining another up for my 65th, it's an unmissable experience.

    ReplyDelete