Friday 18 January 2013

Itchy feet

It's all David Attenbourough's fault

I've been watching Africa on the tele; and it 's made me look out the photo's of our holiday in Kenya in  March 2001 for my 52nd birthday and retirement.
The Boss keeps asking "what shall be do when you really retire next year and get your extra pension"
I think I've made a decision, another safari holiday, but probably because of the things going on in the north of Africa, somewhere down south perhaps Namibia and maybe even some fishing.











Fishing

I was all ready to have a session on the chub mid-week on the upper Witham, but Bay Leaf advised the banks, which are steep in places were quite dangerous being almost solid ice. So with my hatred of river dipping at the best of times,, I decided to delay my trip. I suppose I could have gone down to the tidal, but the appeal of the big river is not what it was!
The snow is coming down again as I write,so maybe when we have a thaw I'll give it a go.

Cousin Joyce

Plenty of good news this week, Joyce has come out of the coma and is awake for a few hours a day.
She is speaking and smiling just a bit, and is able to almost support herself when walking with the physio. 
I can imagine the stress the family has been through since before Christmas, but they've always had hope and faith that she would recover, these latest improvements have given them something else to be positive about. 
She's doing so well that she is now transferred to the local hospital.
Get well soon Joyce.




No comments:

Post a Comment