Thursday 11 October 2012

Part three


Octavia 

£460!!
Still not serviced, as time didn't permit, a new nearside front tyre wanted, it's just about legal due to deterioration of the lower suspension arm which failed the test. The parking brake is just about legal!
New cambelt kit fitted.
A bit more expense to come, but I'll need to get advice from the mechanic early next week and seek his views on the likely expenses for an 11 year old motor. It has to wait a day or so, as I'm driving down tomorrow to meet the boys from  The International Drinking Society in a pub just off Holborn Viaduct, via my Woodford Green "B&B" at Ivan's place.

Anybody know anything about the driving feel of a  BMW X1, not checked out yet, but sort of recommended as a replacement?

Fishing
Lined up two trips with mates to new venues to me on the middle Trent,  not in my first 10 days of October as estimated, it's the week after next now.
Raining nicely at present, so depending on the car timetable next week, a small river calls.

6 comments:

  1. BMW X1 is a hair dressers car, Suit you fine Fred.

    Monty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would you know J. ;o) I have to say the guy who said I should get one, had a nice quiff.
    Looking at/for a 4x4,for the farm tracks, may well get another Skoda anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred,

    That was not me,I would come up as I do now.Plus I'm seldom up that late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about that Jason, it would appear you have a gutless one using your name too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fred,

    No need to say sorry,I love a wind up as you know.And your right I would not know a Skoda from a Bentley;-0.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was one of your windups mate, didn't look too closely at the signature though, that late at night it was probably a Yorkshireman just out of the pit ;o)

    The car wasn't what I was refering to either, it was the hairdresser reference ;o)

    ReplyDelete