Thursday 2 August 2012

Getting to like this fishing on the doorstep lark!

Out again


Another trip down into the valley.
I set myself up at the other end of the lake where it narrows to an island, with the sole purpose of trying to catch some of the crucian. So I used my 11 foot 1.3 RW Youngs barbel rod, to deal with the carp and my Purist ll for the fun.
 A stubby quill float and a 2AA shot about 6 inches from a size 10.Fished about a rod length from my bank
I stuck to bread flake on the basis that any worrying to the bread would be minimal as it went straight down.
Fed hempseed  and just took it as it came.


 Caught loads of roach, rudd, a couple of small tench & four crucian all about the same size, just under a pound, so none to any great size. I picked up a good few commons up to about 6lb, this was the smallest about 4lb I suppose !
Stayed until about 9:30, no hares about though, perhaps my headlights kept them in the fields tonight.
Enjoyed that!



Profile pictureDon't think I've mentioned it before, but after threatening to do it for some years, I recently joined The Campaign for Real Ale just to see what it's all about and because I like proper beer!
They must have told Mick the landlord of the White Hart, as he was being a bit nicer than his usual self...still not bought me a pint though, so I'll have to prompt him about the village pub of the year vote!!



Joke

Kylie Minogue, Robbie Williams and Elton John were walking over a bridge.
Kylie trips, and gets her head jammed between the railings.Without a sideways glance,         Robbie pulls aside her G-String, and bonks her senseless! He stands back and tells Elton, "Your turn!"Elton bursts into tears.What's up?" asks Robbie. 
Elton sobs, "My head won't fit through the railings!"



Tic toc
http://www.asriran.com/files/fa/news/1389/8/16/155486_922.swf

No comments:

Post a Comment