Monday 20 August 2012

One more go!


Back to the first lake


I decided to give the first lake a couple hours tonight and set myself up next to the island.
I also decided that I would try my very best to test out for the size of the roach and crucians.
Stuck with bread flake for the two hours into darkness and fished laying on.
A buzzard was overhead mewing for a while and a kingfisher put in an appearance, bloody woodies getting on my nerves with their tussles in the branches around me. It would appear that there isn't a market for pigeon flesh, because there has been a population explosion around these parts, no interest to the shooters perhaps?
No crucian, but a few roach of no real size.
Only disturbed by one carp and it took me for a good run around for a while,  because I had hooked him in the tail. As soon as I realised what had occurred, brute force became the answer to getting it into the net or a hook slip. Netted eventually a 6lb mirror!
So, I'm pretty certain there aren't any good sized fish in this lake, probably stunted because of the large rudd population. I think I will probably give it a miss for the time being and have a look at a couple of the fairly local day ticket fisheries and give the second lake a bit more exploration, before heading back to the rivers.









Look what I've found





No comments:

Post a Comment