Monday 23 July 2012

Before it gets out

Resignation
Just to let those who may be interested know, last Friday evening I resigned, as yet unacknowledged, my position as the Communications Chair of the Barbel Society.
This also in effect means editor of Barbel Fisher the bi-annual members magazine.

Before there is any speculation, I can advise that my resignation has nothing to do with relationships with the Chairman Steve Pope. I have found him since my almost five years of dealing with him, and Society's business, to be nothing like the image portrayed by past ex committee men, or their taggers along.
It didn’t take me too long to find out that the deficiencies lie with them, I’m afraid!
Anybody with an ounce of common sense, and I pride myself with having pounds of that; can see what Steve is all about.

With the Society maintaining similar numbers each of the last few years, it's influence continues moving onward and upward, which must be due, at least in some part, to the considerable time and effort I have put in for the last 4 years in these financially troubled times. 
So, good luck to the Barbel Society for the future.

Me?
Things to do, I shall remain a member of the Barbel Society, and hopefully have a great deal more fishing to report.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Fred dont rise to the bait mate, the man is an arsehole, Thanks for the great job you have done for The Barbel Society over the years and the fantastic mag, You will be a very very hard act to follow, Enjoy your fishing Fred.

    Good luck Ray Thorpe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ray, thanks for your comments, they are appreciated.
    The poor little grey man watches this blog every couple of hours waiting for the bite, it's fun just to see him squirm and move around the links looking.
    Arseholes have at least some use and certainly stink a little less. ;o)
    I shall be looking for a couple of bites myself in a couple of hours
    Watch this space

    ReplyDelete
  3. The comments I have seen by one or two on the Internet are potentially libellous.

    If these individuals were worth sueing I would investigate possible legal proceedings.

    There are some truly odious people out there in the fishing world who make it their life's work to bait people and spread lies and innuendo and I will make it a personal mission to ensure that as many genuine people know who they are.

    Fred has done an excellent job for the Barbel Society and he will be a difficult man to replace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Steve, I'm sure most people know what the pair of them are like, many have experienced their actions. So the more that know about these nasty pieces of work the better.

    ReplyDelete