Monday 4 June 2012

Time moves on

The Barbel Show


Cracking turnout for The Show, traderoom and speakers rooms packed to the brim at times with people still turning up to pay on the door at lunchtime.Great weekend alround, apart from the rain which stopped the Wallis casting demonstrations being as popular as previous years.

One of the highlights was Dave Mason turning up just  a few days after an operation on his brain, following his earlier stroke. What a welcome he got.

I now have another method to try out on the Trent, Dave Harrell showed the way he float fishes for barbel,  I never thought you could float fish with up to 12lb bs mono. Learning all the time in this game



Great tits

Checked the new nest today when they weren't about, two eggs!

Cow parsley field


Electric fence in place, awaiting first sight of my dinner to arrive!





Last but no means least


I learned this morning that my cousin Peggie died last night following a fall, heart attack and complications.
Fond memories of one of my oldest cousins. Rest in peace Peggie
Peggie with the hooligans some time in the mid 50's

No comments:

Post a Comment