Friday 22 July 2011

Off and running

Middle Trent


Managed a few hours this afternoon for my first proper barbel session, overnight  water level rise quickly running off.
Quite a turnout on a short stretch of river. And to think I don't fish weekends, so the workers can have a go!

Lots of knocks and nibbles on pellet & boilie, but nothing to be connected with.
So for the last half hour or so, before chucking off time, I had a go at touch ledgering lobworm down the inside and got myself 2 barbel of 4:6 and 4:10, both fighting fit and gave me a cracking tug through the ranunculus!
2 chub one about 2lb and the other 4: 2. Thought I would weigh the fish to get myself back in touch with size/weights.
I don't like using barbed hooks but needs must when the weed pays such a big part in the successful landing of the fish.

Cracking piece of river, I didn't take the camera, so no pictures.
A swan family of 7, cygnets probably a day or two old. Kingfishers were very active along the stretch.
Maybe fishing the Teme on Saturday/ Sunday

PS           ABF


Well done to the members of the ABF a tidy sum raised for a fine charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment