Tuesday 1 March 2011

Fishing

Tidal Trent

had a 4 hour session today on the tidal.The river was on the top of the boulder bank and there wasn't a great deal of run off.
My first river gudgeon for many years was all I had to show for the trip out.
Tomorrow a lake and  an attempt to get a decent roach and maybe a perch too!


Do what you want to do!

I was reminded of this Thin Lizzie track the other day and it brought back some memories of raucous times.
It about sums up a philosophy of life which has served me well over the years.


The words

There are people that will investigate you
They'll insinuate, intimidate and complicate you
Don't ever wait or hesitate to state the fate that awaits those who
Try to shake or take you

Don't let them break you

People that despise you will analyse then criticise you
They'll scandalise and tell lies until they realize
You are someone they should have apologised to
Don't let these people compromise you

Be wise too

Hey you you're not their puppet on a string
You can do everything
It's true if you really want to
You can do anything you want

Just like I do



So I thought I would put it on here.





Bahrain Grande Prix

Back on!

3 comments:

  1. Blimey, I didn't think there were any Gudgeon left in the Trent, come to think of it I ain't seen one since the mid 90's, nice to see though....

    William.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably another first for me too Will,I can't remember using maggots on the Trent, although I must have, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, rumour has it, up our neck of the woods, they've become extinct, although I'm sure their still there, somewhere.

    William.

    ReplyDelete