Wednesday 30 March 2011

Another day

Fishing

Had a few hours until dusk last night at the pond where reports of perch and roach over 3lb are said to exist.

Nobody at the fishery, so I settled in a spot that looked as though it had been fished earlier.
I did this in the hope of having small fish in front of me attracted by the bait, some of which, pellets, was still on the bankside having not been got to by the mallards.

My decision was to go for perch, as there was substantial small fish activity in front of me, but no sign of panic leaps away from marauders. There wasn't to be for the whole two hours either.
The first hour I fished with a big lob worm and plenty of chopped worm
and maggots bait droppered around the swim.
The swim was about 10 -12 feet in width with reed and dead grass type vegetation stretching out eitherside to around two rod lengths, depth around 7 feet.

Not a touch on the worm, so I switched to a big prawn and within seconds I got a take from  a stubborn bottom hugging fish, felt pretty good too. So, all sorts of things came to mind  including, getting the camera ready and scales etc etc.

I eventually got it to the surface and it was a really dark mirror carp,a good mid- double
and thought I've got the beating of this, but after one pass with the landing net and another short struggle my line parted at the shot!!
Serves me right, bullying a fish, taking it for granted that it was mine. Counting chickens ....

Fished on with prawn and landed a few more peas in a pod mirrors, it must have been their mum I lost.They were about the 4/5 lb mark.
Anyway glad to be out, and I'll be back to have another go at catching mum whilst perch hunting!


Series
 A while ago I ran a series of one subject "jokes" another set has come to me, so here goes for the next few entries. Probably old but new to me.

Duz tha speak Yorkshire ? (one)


A Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet.
Yorkshire man: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee about me cat."
Vet: "Is it a tom?"
Yorkshire man: "Nay, I've browt it with us."


A Yorkshire man's dog dies and as it was a favourite pet he decides to have a gold statue made by a jeweller to remember the dog by.
Yorkshire man: "Can tha mek us a gold statue of yon dog?"
Jeweller: "Do you want it 18 carat?"
Yorkshire man: "No I want it chewin' a bone yer daft bugger

Stressed?

No comments:

Post a Comment