Wednesday 5 January 2011

Rest in Peace

Gerry Rafferty
16th April 1947 - 4th January 2011

I first came upon Gerry Rafferty as part of Stealers Wheel in 1972 with Stuck in the middle with you, I still have the cassette tape version of the LP on which it features.
But, in the what were some of the best years of my life, his Baker Street became part of the celebration of the time for me the late 1970's and early 80's.
Working in Baker Street London, and soaking up the terrific atmosphere of the time,the  pubs and the area around with many long standing good friends. His record always brings back very happy and fond memories to me.

So in celebration of his life I'll put Stuck in the middle.... and  another favourite of mine on here. Rest in peace Gerry.







Oh alright and one more

No comments:

Post a Comment