Tuesday 4 January 2011

Happy New Year

Mum

For those interested, I've just had the 'phone call from Mum, she has been advised by the hospital that the mastectomy operation is lined up for the 28th January.
She seems ok about it, but want's me to be there.
It'll be a busy month for us travel wise, and who knows what after?
Anyway it's her 88th next Monday, so a long weekend visit beforehand, weather permitting, will give us a chance to chat.


Snow

Had our third significant batch of snow for the winter this morning, replaced all that had thawed during the week, although we still have great mounds around of the grey stuff left by the plough and the helpful farmer.

I was going to get some maggots and drive down to the tidal Trent, but the thought of driving for an hour in the snow put me off.
My lob worms are dead!
Maybe Friday.

Cricket

Stayed up for the second night to listen to the cricket, bored by lunchtime, very slow.
I think if I had it on tele then I would stay up and watch it, but I'm not giving in to that bloke Murdoch.
Anyway woke again a 5am to listen to the latest, and heard we had let the Aussies of the hook, bad bowling at tail enders...... again!!
I heard Geoffreys summing up, he got it right.
Switched on just in time to hear Cooke & Pieterson moving the score along nicely, then they both had silly turns which had me swearing, well Peiterson did.
Cook obviously got away with it, but the otherbloke,well, will he ever learn that cricket is a team game?
I think we are still good enough to win, time for Collingwood to show his class, I think.

Nostalgia

I've been doing a bit of writing about my early life, not fishing but general.
I may put it on here, or give it up as a bad job.
So far I'm working on what I remember of my life before work took over.



Later 1972
 

Earlier 1957?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment