Friday 3 December 2010

It's no good

New Unique Visitors: Yesterday: 67 .    Total unique visitors: 3,216

Got to go out

Milk run out, no sign of the cow, things to do.
A walk to the pub proved ok last night, and the birds have eaten all the seed, so we're on a mission, if I survive the dig!!
I may be a while. -6.7c


Dig the car out

The path to the pub!

Looking south 08:55
11:41

Oh sod it, where's the Coffee Mate ? -3.8c



14:20

Local ol'boy farmer who saw me digging, talked about what we were running out of etc etc.
Knock on the door later.

Anybody know what I can do with a 6 pint carton of milk?  Between the two of us, that's almost weeks supply??
I suppose I'll have to take a rest from the cooked breakfast, and put up with Quaker Oats for a few days
Totally unexpected, some people just don't need asking, do they?
Tell you what though, we have our milk delivered. I like the idea of keeping local people in work.
But who are Tesco robbing, when 6 pints from them is £2.17, and it's 62p a pint delivered to my door?
Methinks the dairy farmer!!

No wonder they have to look for economies of scale!



"The farmers behind plans for a 23-hour-a-day industrial scale dairy farm with 8,000 cows face strong opposition from animal rights activists and local residents.
The 22-acre dairy facility at Nocton, not far from Lincoln, would produce 220,000 litres (387,000 pints) of milk a day and include several 80-animal circular milking parlours."

No comments:

Post a Comment