Wednesday 29 September 2010

Fishing

Another blank!

Another 5 hours on my new bit of the tidal yesterday, still not got it right.
Swim selection comes into it I think?
But hey, who cares I'm out and it was a cracking day for the birds.
The problem was, that just 20yards down from me an old boy who arrived before me, was also  blanking up until 4:30, but about 2 hours or so into the run off,  he got his first barbel, he said a 9lber. Within the next two hours he has 3 more including an 11 and then he packed up.
Jump in there he said,to which I said no thanks,I've had enough.Had one more chuck and packed up at 6:45.
Fishing I have to say has turned into a day to be out for me, catching whilst nice, and a bit pissing off when the bloke next door latches onto more than one good fish, it doesn't trouble be too much to blank.
One thing for sure I'm going to beat this water, after all I gave up easy fishing for this.
Maybe tomorrow?
Good to see some rain, the Upper Witham, Idle and the Louth canal(River Ludd) roach are calling.

"Joke"

The Divorced Barbie Doll
One day a father gets out of work and on his way home he suddenly remembers that it's his daughter's birthday.He pulls over to a Toy Shop and asks the sales person,
'How much for one of those Barbie's in the display window?'
The salesperson answers, 'Which one do you mean, Sir?
We have: Work Out Barbie for $19.95, Shopping Barbie for $19.95, Beach Barbie for $19.95, Disco Barbie for $19.95, Ballerina Barbie for $19.95, Astronaut Barbie for $19.95, Skater Barbie for $19.95, and Divorced Barbie for $265.95'.

The amazed father asks: 'It's what?! Why is the Divorced Barbie $265.95 and the others only $19.95?'

The annoyed salesperson rolls her eyes, sighs, and answers: 'Sir..., Divorced Barbie comes with:
Ken's Car, Ken's House, Ken's Boat, Ken's Furniture, Ken's Computer, one of Ken's Friends, and a key chain made with Ken's balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment