Saturday 21 August 2010

Car

More dosh

Having had the car fully serviced the other week thought that will be it until MoT time,that was until...

A trip to check out a few new, to me, lake fisheries.

Both the fisheries were down and around farms, so the journey to each was along farm tracks,some of which bore the signs of heavy vehicles trundling through in very wet conditions.
Ruts?
Well, some of these ruts were so deep, I almost could see Perth!
So I kept as far over to the left or the right of these ruts so as too ride the ridge,that
was until the eagerness to see one of the waters overcame my caution.
BANG, bang!!
 "Oh bugger that's stuffed the exhaust", or words to that effect, so I parked up next to the lake and had a look. No obvious signs of problems. So off to walk the fishery.
Looks very promising, although somewhat overcome with weed in probably 50% of the lake. I like weed on a lake especially when advice tells me of specimen fish in the deeps.
Anyway, back to the car and back on the rutty road, which I managed without further crunching of the under carriage, no rattles so I thought,"lucky" me.
I'll be back tomorrow.
Stopped of for lunch at a close by pub,spent £50 on a very good meal for two and on my merry way.

Next morning, reversed off my drive, (the garage is full of back issue magazines) only to see a black patch on the brick pavious, thought nothing of it and did a trip to the baker.
Came back loaded the car with tackle drove off the drive and looked back,another black patch.
The type left by old  Bonneville's, the name of my house by the way!
Too much of a leak to trust on a longish journey, so I called back into the garage and booked it in, half hoping the seals had failed following the service they did for me.
A 'phone call later, "you've got a crack in the sump"  "Oh bugger", or words......
"Could replace or we have an ol'boy 'round corner can weld it, much cheaper!"
"Welding would be fine"
So the cut a long story short £150.............. three lunches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment