Wednesday 14 July 2010

This ain't just a fishing Blog

My mum.
My old mum is 87, mind as sharp as a pin. She's had 5 kids, two new hips, has arthritis in her hands,diabetes and recently had breast cancer diagnosed (treatable with drugs).
As the nurse said to me after the cancer diagnoses, she'll die of something, but it won't be cancer.
She recently had 3 stones removed from her gall bladder and said afterwards, I'm fed up with hospitals, I don't want to be messed around any more.
She doesn't leave the house, and won't move from her 3 bed 2 storey semi, to a one bedroom place.
Anyway she called the doctor out and got herself admitted to hospital on Monday!
She's had the trots for 3days and usually suffers the opposite.
She thinks from her last visit for the stones, they've left something behind............
I've said to her, I don't know how many times, stop eating white sliced bread, meat pies and sausages, get some fresh veg inside you.
It appears she followed my advice!!
Anyway she's back home today,after 2 nights of checks.Nothing out of the ordinary to be found. She doesn't believe them!!
Just found why she had herself admitted though. She didn't want my brother( 10 years younger than me and still her little boy), finding her dead and covered in  shite, when he turned up for his regular visit today.

Guess what she's had for tea tonight..... saveloy and chips, from the chippy.

I'm speechless, still she enjoys what she eats...... for a while anyway.

Mum's who'd 'av 'em?????



..........and that's when the fight started(six)


My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
She said, 'I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 200 in about 3 seconds.'
I bought her a set of bathroom scales.


...........and then the fight started...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fred,

    You're a lucky man to still have your dear old mum around,I know how much you care because you're always off on a visit to keep tabs and that says an awful lot.

    My mum passed away really suddenly just over ten years ago when she was barely into her seventies, a massive shock at the time and it still hurts.

    Make the most of the time Fred because as we mentioned the other day, you never really know what you have until its gone.

    Keep the funny jokes coming!

    Cheers,

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete